Wednesday 7 March 2007

Dexys Midnight Runners - Rockpalast (16.04.83)

Dexys are far better live than in the studio, as demonstrated here at Rockpalast, Grugahallen, Essen (Germany). This gig lasts 77 minutes and at 192kbps, sounds great. Whenever I hear track 9, I always think of the Top Of The Pops gaffe when Kevin sang to a backdrop featuring a rather rotund, grinning, toothless, Scottish darts player. Classic! Download in 2 parts due to size of file.
Enjoy.

01 Geno
02 The Celtic Soul Brothers
03 Let's Get This Straight (From The Start)
04 Plan B
05 Let's Make This Precious
06 There, There, My Dear
07 Come On Eileen
08 All In All
09 Jackie Wilson Said (I'm In Heaven When You Smile)
10 Tell Me When My Light Turns Green
11 Until I Believe In My Soul
12 Respect
13 Kevin Rowland's 13th Crime
14 Keep It Part Two (Inferiority Part One)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great show!

nazz

Bleedin' Out

http://bleedinout.blogspot.com/

fulhamx said...

Looking forward to hearing this, and The Specials, Thanks a lot

Anonymous said...

fat thing. that was my 13th birthsay. but i don´t knew them hat time. now i love.

thanx mate!

m. (totally fuzzy)

Anonymous said...

fat thing. that was my 13th birthday. but i don´t knew them that time. today i really love them....

thanx mate!

m. (totally fuzzy)

sorry 4 the first post. 2 much tullamore dew whiskey today. kicked my job and went into the next. thats´s life. oh, sorry 4 this blah blah

:-)

Anonymous said...

Cheers for the Dexys. The Jocky Wilson pic was not a gaffe though, it was a gag by Kevin R, or at least that's what he says!

Anonymous said...

I can no longer download the file, that's to bad, I love Dexy's
Any tips are welcome, grtz a dutchgirl

Anonymous said...

looks awesome - I've got the projected passion cd but nothing else live. Shame the link has expired.